The Regatta Fisherman flotation trousers are a modern alternative to the standard oilskin and have been designed in close consultation with over 300 commercial fishermen to ensure their requirements are met. This is the ultimate workwear for professional fishermen in all types of fisheries - coastal, deep sea or fish farms. They look like traditional oilskin bib & brace trousers but feel light, airy and are comfortable to wear. The buoyancy is not bulky or cumbersome - it is contained in the bibs (front and back) of the trousers and will cushion the wearer's chest and back against minor bumps and knocks. The PVC-coated polyester material is coated with an anti-oil coating to enable it to withstand hydrocarbon oils, fish-oils, etc.
It received the Fishing News Safety Award in 2008.
- Windproof and waterproof outer material.
- Fixed buoyancy that won't be damaged or compromised if accidentally cut or punctured.
- Buoyancy not dependent on the operation of gas cylinders or other mechanical action.
- Buoyancy helps keep the wearer vertical and upright in the water even if they are wearing an apron or jacket.
- Retain body heat (when worn with woollen underclothes).
- Helps prevent clothes from becoming water-logged (easier for the user to climb back aboard the vessel).
- Can tolerate being hung in a drying room in temperatures of up to 35 degrees.
- No external features to cause snagging on lines, nets, or pots.
Approval: ISO 12402-5 / 50N.