4.1. What data do we collect?
4.2. What do we do with this data?
4.3. How long is this data kept?
5.1. How do you get my consent?
5.2. How do I withdraw my consent?
- Section 6: Security
- Section 7: Cookies
- Questions and Contact Information
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and updated General Data Protection Regulations 2018). We collect information about you for two main reasons:
- Transactional: to process your order, from purchase to delivery and after-sales care.
- Marketing Related: to provide you with the best possible service with promotions, products and relevant blog posts.
This Policy applies to you, the User of this Web Site and Gael Force Marine Equipment Ltd the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
Gael Force Marine Equipment Limited is a private limited company registered in the United Kingdom with company number SC101936. Our registered office is:136 Anderson Street,
If you have any questions about how we look after your personal data, you can contact us:
- In writing, at the address above. Please mark your letter for the attention of the Data Protection Officer.
- By email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By telephone on +44 (0)1463 229400.
- By filling in this Contact Us Form: GDPR: Information Request
The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed.
- The right to access any information we hold on you.
- The right to have information held by us updated.
- The right to have your information removed from our databases.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to object.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling.
‘Personal information’ refers to any information which can identify an individual – either directly or indirectly. It can refer, amongst other things, to a customer ID, or to one or more specific identifying pieces of information, such as a name, ID number, email address, postal address or telephone number.
4.1 What data do we collect from you?
When you browse our website or carry out actions such as the following:
- Create a customer account,
- Place an order (with an account or as a guest),
- Sign up to our mailing list,
- Enter any competition, promotion or prize draw,
- Correspond with us whether by phone, email or in-store,
- Engage with us on social media.
- Comment on or review our products and services.
Then, we may collect your personal information, including:
- Contact Information (email address, phone or mobile number),
- Demographic Information (postal address including postcode, preferences and interests),
- Encrypted password and payment information,
- Customer Service correspondence records,
- Technical information about how you access and use our websites, including your IP address, browser type, activity, referring URL and operating system (automatically collected),
- Cookies (see section 7 below for more information).
4.2 What do we do with this data?
We use your information for the following:
- To process your orders. We use relevant personal information described above (including your name, address and payment details) to process and deliver your order, add payments or refunds and to notify you of the status of your order.
- To provide Customer Support. If you contact our Customer Service (or vice versa), we will use your identification information to identify you and other personal information such as your order information and contact history to process your request and provide you with the best service possible. We'll use your personal information to keep a record of when and why you contact us and to keep your contact details up-to-date.
- To improve our website and services. We use your personal information to help analyse and understand how you use our products and services, to develop more interesting and relevant products and services, to improve our website, as well as to personalise the products and services we offer you.
- Fraud Prevention. To prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our sites.
- Marketing. If you consent, we will use your information to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you. We will send direct marketing communications to you via the channel you choose, such as email or social media. We ask for your consent in order to use the contact details you have provided to us to send personalised marketing or retargeting communications. Please see below for more information on third parties and cookies used to provide these services.
4.3 How long is this data kept?
- Customer and order information will be kept securely on our system until you ask us to remove it. Note: Purchase information retention is subject to regulatory mandates we must adhere to e.g. 7-year data retention requirements for tax reporting purchases.
- Encrypted Credit Card information will be purged every 365 days.
- Mailing List Subscriptions will remain active until you opt out from specific lists
- Cookies - please refer to the section below or click here for more information on cookies and cookie duration.
5.1 How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for marketing purposes, e.g. to email you with promotions, special offers and blog articles, we will request your permission explicitly, if not already granted.
5.2 How do I withdraw my consent?
If you change your mind after you've opted in, you can withdraw your consent to marketing communications. Marketing will be terminated and any data specifically used for marketing purposes alone will be deleted.
Financial transaction data will be maintained as required by law.
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if required to fulfil our obligations under our agreement with you. e.g. provide your address to the courier to have your purchases delivered.
Our store is hosted on the IRP Commerce platform provided by Export Technologies Ltd. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows you to buy our products and use our services.
Your data is stored through IRP Commerce's data storage, databases and the general IRP application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Payment through our website can be made via our secure check out pages using secure third-party payment service providers, e.g. credit card processors.
The IRP is PCI compliant. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
In general, the third-party providers we use will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us, e.g. Parcel Couriers to deliver your purchases.
We currently use the following companies who will process your personal data as part of their contracts with us :
- IRP/Export Technologies (our e-commerce platform),
- AmazonPay (to process payments),
- PayPal (to process payments),
- Realex (to process payments),
- TrustPilot (to send review requests),
- Google (to collect technical information for trends, excluding IP address),
- Couriers: Parcelforce, Royal Mail, FedEx, DR Macleod, Woody's, Skye Express, Parcelinq (for delivery).
Certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies with respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider other legal obligations may be placed upon them by the laws of their jurisdiction.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow all PCI-DSS Level 1 requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
A Cookie is a small file that resides on your computer’s hard drive and often contains an anonymous unique identifier and is accessible only by the web site that placed it there, not any other sites. Cookies are not computer programs, and can't read other information saved on your hard drive. They cannot be used to disseminate viruses or get a user's email address etc. They only contain and transfer to the website as much information as the users themselves have disclosed to that website.
You may delete Cookies, however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Web Site more quickly or enjoy a custom experience. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies, however, this can be altered. For further details please consult the help menu in your browser. Disabling Cookies may prevent you from using the full range of Services available on the Web Site.
From 26th May 2012 and in line with EU Cookie Directive, you can view details of types of Cookies that may be used on our website. To view details of these cookies please click here.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
In compliance with The EU GDPR Directive 25th May 2018, if you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, contact our Data Protection Officer by email or post at the address given in the ‘Who We Are’ section above.
This notice was last updated on 22/05/2018.