For some mariners, this is the way forward. The rescueME EDF1 electronic distress flare offers users a completely safe and re-usable means for signalling in an emergency situation.
Manufactured with hugely advanced LEDs and excellent circuitry, you can expect a constant level of light output for the duration of the replaceable battery life. The light output is a beam of over 30° throughout the full 360° azimuth, providing in excess of 6 times more light coverage than other electronic flares. Light is also distributed throughout the hemisphere above the unit to ensure visibility from the air.
Unlike single use pyrotechnic flares the rescueME EDF1 can be used repeatedly in any of its four modes, ensuring continued visibility is maintained over a longer period. The unit is both safe to store and operate while also eliminating any worries associated with disposal. The compact size and rugged design means the rescueME EDF1 is the perfect safety product for a grab bag or life raft and can easily be carried on person.
- Advanced LED technology - Safe operation
- Compact, rugged design
- Superb 360 degree visibility in the Azimuth
- Excellent visibility for aircraft and helicopter SAR
- Up to 6 hours battery use
- Constant brightness maintained throughout the life of the battery
- Four modes of operation plus SOS signalling
- Easy change replaceable battery
- Range up to 7 miles
- Waterproof to 10 metres
- Battery test function
- Battery Type: Lithium Primary
- Chemistry: LiMnO2
- Operating life: >6 hours
- Operating Temperature Range: -20°C to +55°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -30°C to +70°C
- Waterproof: 10metres at +20°C
- Weight: 155g (5.5oz)
- Size: 187(h) x 42(diam)mm