|Home PageEPIRBs and PLBsMcMurdo Smartfind S10 AIS Beacon|
McMurdo Smartfind S10 AIS Beacon £252.49
The Smartfind S10 AIS Beacon is an innovative manually activated personal safety device which incorporates both AIS (Automatic Identification System) and GPS technology. S10 is waterproof, buoyant and compact, intended for carriage by divers, crew and anyone who works on or carries out leisure activities on the water. When activated the Smartfind transmits a unique alert signal to the vessel the individual has come from and to all AIS enabled equipment within a typical 4 mile range, signalling that help is required in a man overboard or lost diver situation. The beacon is simple to operate, even in a gloved hand, and it is equally simple to switch off when the person in trouble has been successful retrieved from the water. Smartfind S10 also features a built in test facility, battery use is indicated in order to determine whether future carriage or battery replacement is advised.
So, how does the Smartfind S10 AIS Beacon work?
1. The beacon is activated to attract attention.
2. A unique alert is transmitted to all AIS enabled equipment within a 4 mile Radius (typical).
3. AIS equipment displays the alert icon
4. Precise target survivor information including GPS position becomes viewable when the chart plotter/ECDIS* cursor is positioned over the alert icon.
5. This information provides exact location, range and bearing to person(s) in need of assistance
• Manually activated personal safety device to aid recovery of persons in difficulty
• Transmits GPS target tracking information over AIS
• Unique serialized ID
• Small and light for unobtrusive carriage
• Waterproof, buoyant and fully submersible to 60 metres
• Flashing LED light
• Minimum 24 hour continuous operation
• The battery on this unit has an Expiry Date of Jan 2019